Accepted openldap2.3 2.4.7-2 (source amd64)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 06:13:21 -0800
Binary: slapd libldap-2.4-2 ldap-utils libldap2-dev slapd-dbg libldap-2.4-2-dbg
Architecture: source amd64
Maintainer: Debian OpenLDAP Maintainers <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Steve Langasek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
ldap-utils - OpenLDAP utilities
libldap-2.4-2 - OpenLDAP libraries
libldap-2.4-2-dbg - Debugging information for OpenLDAP libraries
libldap2-dev - OpenLDAP development libraries
slapd - OpenLDAP server (slapd)
slapd-dbg - Debugging information for the OpenLDAP server (slapd)
Closes: 221173 258931 260118 262539 320072 381788 391899 393215 407334 411413 412706 428385 428468 432662 438127 447224 448061 448935 449354 449442 451158 451325 452632 452749 452833 453318 453341 453411 457182 458215
openldap2.3 (2.4.7-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Temporarily drop slapi-dev from the package to get through NEW; this
functionality should be readded later, either by restoring the slapi-dev
package or by moving it to libldap2-dev, depending on the outcome of
discussion with the ftp-masters.
openldap2.3 (2.4.7-1) unstable; urgency=low
[ Steve Langasek ]
* New upstream version; closes: #449354.
- remove another schema from upstream source, collective.schema,
that contains text from the IETF RFCs and include a stripped copy
- drop patches slurpd-in-spool and man-slurpd, since slurpd is no
longer provided upstream.
- libldap2.3-0 is now libldap2.4-2
- build libldap2-dev from this source package now, superseding
openldap2; closes: #428385, #260118, #262539, #391899, #393215.
- lastmod and denyop have been moved to contrib upstream and are no
longer shipped as supported overlays
- drop dependency on libldap2 and take ownership of the
/etc/ldap/ldap.conf conffile, since libldap2 is now obsolete
- need to dump and reload databases again for the upgrade from 2.3.39.
- ldap_init(3) no longer attempts to document the internals of the
LDAP opaque type. Closes: #320072.
- ldap-utils utilities find LDAP servers via SRV records when given a
URL with -H and no host in the URL. Closes: #221173.
- if the old slapd.conf included any replica commands, automatically
enable syncprov for the corresponding database and print an error
* slapd.conf and DB_CONFIG are used in the postinst, they shouldn't be
shipped under doc/examples because /usr/share/doc can't be depended
on per policy; ship the files under /usr/share/slapd and symlink the
/other/ way, which also spares us from dh_compress trying to gzip
slapd.conf. Closes: #452749.
* Drop libldap.so as was done for libldap2, making it a link to
libldap_r.so to avoid unfortunate symbol collisions.
* Add new patch, libldap-symbol-versions, to build libldap and liblber
with symbol versions; needed to avoid segfaults when applications
manage to pull both libldap2 and the new libldap-2.4-2 into the same
process (as during a partial upgrade or the initial soname
transition), and also when the library soname changes again in the
future (as it's likely to do).
* Reintroduce add-autogen-sh patch, with build deps on libtool, automake,
and autoconf, required due to the previous patch; this time around, take
care to clean up the autogenerated files in the clean target as well
* Build-depend on libgnutls-dev instead of on libssl-dev, so that at long
last we can build the server and lib from the same source package again
without licensing problems. Closes: #457182, #407334, #428468, #381788.
* slapd.prerm, slapd.postinst: drop no-longer-needed upgrade code for
openldap < 2.1.22
* Ask about ldbm to bdb migration in the preinst, since there is no
guarantee that the debconf config script will be run before the unpack
* Don't stop slapd in the preinst by hand, the prerm already stops the
old slapd using the standard interfaces.
* Don't build with LAN Manager password support; these passwords are more
insecure than traditional Unix crypt, and only relevant when talking to
* Move libslapi into the slapd package and provide a virtual package for
library dependencies, since this is expected to stay lockstep with the
* Split slapi dev support into a new libslapi-dev package, as this is
unrelated to libldap; and drop libslapi.a since it would be insane to try
to statically link a dynamically-loaded slapi plugin.
* "checkpoint" directives are no longer supported as part of the backend
config, only as part of the database config; move the lines around in
slapd.conf on upgrade.
* "schemacheck" directives are no longer supported; comment them out
on upgrade since this option was set by default in sarge.
* Package description updates; thanks to Christian Perrier
<email@example.com> and the Smith review project for these
* Incorporate debconf template changes suggested by the debian-l10n-english
team as part of the Smith review project. Closes: #447224.
[ Russ Allbery ]
* Removed fix_ldif and all remaining code to try running it on LDIF
dumps. Schema checking has been imposed since 2.1 and it's highly
unlikely that anyone still needs this.
* Move the checkpoint directive in the default slapd.conf below the
database and suffix directives for the primary database. This is now
required for OpenLDAP 2.4.
* Create /etc/ldap/slapd.conf owned by the openldap group and mode 640
by default so that slapindex and friends can read it when run as the
openldap user. Fix permissions on upgrade if slapd.conf is owned by
root and mode 600. Closes: #432662.
* Drop slapd patch to read slapd.conf before dropping privileges, since
slapd.conf should now be readable by SLAPD_GROUP.
* If SLAPD_CONF is set to a directory in /etc/default/slapd, assume
the cn=config backend is used and start slapd with the appropriate
options. Based on a patch from Mike Burr. Closes: #411413.
* Rework slapd's README.Debian:
- Document the BerkeleyDB version. Closes: #438127.
- Document how to direct slapd's logs to another file. Closes: #258931.
- Remove obsolete information about TLS/SSL and OpenLDAP 2.0 upgrades.
- Recommend HDB instead of BDB.
- Generally reformat and reorganize.
* Patch cleanup:
- Combine the NTLM patches for Evolution into a single patch.
- Add explanatory comments to every patch.
- Refresh all patches to remove diff garbage and trailing whitespace.
* debian/rules cleanup:
- Fix patch dependencies for parallel build (hopefully).
- Tell configure the system type.
- Rewrite upstream_strip_nondfsg.sh as a get-orig-source target.
- Remove stamp files as the first step of the clean target.
- Add trivial build-arch and build-indep targets.
- Remove dead code and unnecessary comments.
* Remove postrm code to delete /var/lib/slapd/upgrade* flag files. We
haven't used those since the 2.1 upgrade.
* Update Vcs-* headers for new repository layout.
* Remove versioned dependency on an ancient dpkg-dev.
* Wrap and reorder Build-Depends for readability.
[ Updated debconf translations ]
* Czech, thanks to Miroslav Kure <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Closes: #458215.
* German, thanks to Helge Kreutzmann <email@example.com>.
* Finnish, thanks to Esko Arajärvi <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Closes: #448061.
* French, thanks to Christian Perrier <email@example.com>.
* Galician, thanks to Jacobo Tarrio <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* Italian, thanks to Luca Monducci <email@example.com>. Closes: #449442.
* Japanese, thanks to Kenshi Muto <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Closes: #451325.
* Dutch, thanks to Bart Cornelis <email@example.com>. Closes: #448935.
* Brazilian Portuguese
* Portuguese, thanks to Tiago Fernandes <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* Russian, thanks to Yuri Kozlov <email@example.com>. Closes: #453318.
* Vietnamese, thanks to Clytie Siddall <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
570b101f6cd998a7d70db1a49c6d2bf1 1388 net optional openldap2.3_2.4.7-2.dsc
aa22bd9f636d66785191716d2d127acd 132176 net optional openldap2.3_2.4.7-2.diff.gz
eb8d65b07930a681acdc2b100ab57649 3469367 net optional openldap2.3_2.4.7.orig.tar.gz
861962685143f28a05f56bfc6a280e56 1401080 net optional slapd_2.4.7-2_amd64.deb
bbd542def71ed5dd4f2ce88ea7ca8fa7 259734 net optional ldap-utils_2.4.7-2_amd64.deb
be80baf12c8baa28571de35336051b85 198072 libs optional libldap-2.4-2_2.4.7-2_amd64.deb
2436774125993d3f464f5ab880050b9c 288346 libdevel extra libldap-2.4-2-dbg_2.4.7-2_amd64.deb
1f86c631143e0c7062a595a7fd73416f 834322 libdevel extra libldap2-dev_2.4.7-2_amd64.deb
70c31ecf226e1cce53c7e69314d415bf 3528208 net extra slapd-dbg_2.4.7-2_amd64.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----